Today I learned of the passing of my cousins' grandma. No she is not my grandma. But I did get the honor of meeting her two years ago. I was in Hong Kong two years ago, by myself, and I lived with my cousin and her family. I remember on weekends, in the evening, we would go to grandma's place where she lived with her helper to have dinner with her.
The first time I met her, I remember she spoke a Chinese dialect, which was familiar to Cantonese. I understood most of what she said, but I really liked talking to her. even though it was my first time meeting her, she talked to me as if she has known me for a long time. She told me to love my mom, treasure and respect her. I will never forget her telling me that.
She then showed me all the photos on the wall. Across from her bed, there was a wall plastered with photos. Photos of my cousins when they were babies, my aunt when they got married, and the rest of the family. From cousins, to daughters, songs and even great grand children.
Although her body was not in the best condition, she still had a smile on her face. All I remember of her are good memories, although I have only been able to interact with her for a short period of time, her personality seeped through her skin.
This summer when I went back, I did not get the chance to visit her. And now I truly regret that.
Thank you grandma for making such a last impact on me. I have only visited you on less than 5 occasions, but I enjoyed every single one of them. Now that you are in heaven, may you rest in peace. You are now in a place with no pain, sickness, and nothing bad. Watch over your grandchildren and great grandchildren as they continue to grow, and now take care of your children.
<3
No comments:
Post a Comment