Thursday, September 5, 2013

As I continue to work through different things, I learn stress management. I think that is how everyone learns. But I somehow feel like I am not very good at it, this stress management thing. Why do I know? When I am stressed, I tend to eat a LOT more, and it is physically noticeable. FML.
Then there are things that I don't know how to handle, everyone has those times. Where things are thrown at you from all aspects of life. Or there are things that you cannot make sense of it yourself. You might think I deal with things very maturely and I am able to figure it out myself. 
WRONG.
Then you might ask, why don't you talk to someone about it?
And I would answer you: I would LOVE to talk to someone about it. But here is my view on it.

Everyone has troubles in their own lives. Just because they have not spoken up about it, does not mean that they do not have any troubles. To talk about my own troubles to them would double their thinking, and potentially stressing them out twice as much. For someone who is bothered by, say, 4 things, to have an extra thing to help their friend think about divides their attention from the 4 to one extra one. 25% to 20%.
Also, there are things that people I know have never experienced. How do they help me through that? (Stress level for them would rise another 50%)

On the other hand, I love helping others with their problems and troubles, whether it is just someone to vent to, or someone to bounce ideas off of. 

No comments:

Post a Comment