Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Indecisive? God seeking.

God has been so good and gracious to me. He has provided me with more than I deserve, and more than I could have imagined. Every since I started working, He has blessed me with open doors and opportunities that other people seldom have. I started working in Grade 11, and I started off immediately at a Chinese television broadcasting station. I got to participate in many public events, and quickly build my skill sets. Then I was blessed with a temporary secretary job, followed by caring for seniors. Ok enough listing, down to the real stuff.
Things were just given to me by God so easily, and to me so mind blowing. And recently I have come to think about my blessings given by my Lord. I know God is gracious, but I wanted to think of why God wanted to bless me in this way, what is His reasoning?
Then recently, God had given me another opportunity, this time at a even bigger scale. To assist in political campaigns in Markham and Richmond Hill. When I heard it I was blown out of the water on the importance of this job, and the scale of the job. I am honored that God thought that I was ready for something like this. And I didn't respond immediately. I just started thinking about the things I had to do, but I think what impacted me the most was what I would miss. I thought about whether this would hinder me serving at church, or time spend with fellow brothers and sisters. I was not willing to give those up at that time. I was really in a limbo (was that the right place to use this word?) I didn't know what to choose, I was given too many choices. I thought and I thought, and before I knew it, I had thought about it and prayed for it for two months. TWO MONTHS! SIXTY DAYS! I don't know whether I couldn't trust myself, or I doubted God. But for two months, I was stressed over my choice. And stress was really what I felt.
I know I don't want to do this for my own reasons, but to serve God. Although I would be working for these councilors, ultimately I am working for my Father. That was what made me commit to this job. If I took the job, I would still be serving God, but just not at my church.
I had just replied to taking the job on Sunday, and I realized that I breathed a sigh of relief, decision time is over. I have finished, making the decision. But now I have to talk to my other boss about cutting hours.

If my church friends read this, I would really like them to pray for me, to be considerate for me over the next few months. I am sorry that through this job I might disappoint some of you, and this is my "ahead of time apologies". If I get too busy, and I can't chill with you guys after church or even at FROW, please know that I would have loved to be there, but I must do my job, and serve how God would want me to. Please pray for me, for God to give me the reason, EQ and IQ to deal with this job, and situations that may come up. I love each and everyone of my brothers and sisters at church, and I hope that you guys can support me, even though I don't know how much I could support you guys this summer.

God, Father, thank you for your blessing. Thank you for your discernment to take this job. Please give me the strength to get through it, and that I would be able to do your will during those times.

"Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need" - Matthew 6:33.

No comments:

Post a Comment